Re: Topband: Ground mounted 1/2 wave

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground mounted 1/2 wave
From: "Bob Eldridge" <eldridge@direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:06:28 -0800
I think this thread has gone to the limit, because the argument is between
emotional conviction laced with constant personal insults and science.

Too bad the thread was marred by the insults and implications. There was lots to be learned even from the digressions, once one had figured out who meant what by "ground mounted" versus "in the vicinity of ground", "height of antenna" versus "elevation of antenna site" etc. I must say most of the amateurs I know have no idea of the effect of a change of 0.1 dB (or 1 dB for that matter) and tend to think and report in terms of full S-points. Bob VE7BS
It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever for
supposing it is true. &#8212; Bertrand Russell