Topband: KAZ Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: KAZ Antenna
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:21:19 -0500
Someone, named Charles, asked me if I could point him toward information on
the"KAZ" antenna.  I have lost, misplaced or accidentally deleted your
e-mail. Please ask again, and I'll try to find some links to get you
started. Otherwise, I will just post them here.

The "KAZ" antenna  is a terminated loop of modest size,  with a cardioid
pattern that enables one to null offending noise or interference sources. It
is a triangle with a horizontal bottom wire, so it can be hung from a single
support, or even be mast mounted and rotated. The termination is around 900
ohms and you  might need to wind your own 9:1 or 16:1 matching transformer.
I wound mine on a two-hole balun ferrite core, and it worked well.

The "KAZ" receiving loop is related to the flag and pennant loops, and the
K9AY loop.

Please send again - I apologize for my error and the inconvenience.

Regards,

Charlie, K4OTV

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever
for supposing it is true. - Bertrand Russell