Topband: 160 puzzle

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 puzzle
From: Glenn Biggerstaff <ww4b73@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 12:37:51 -0500
Post is pressure treated and has been outdoors a couple of years .Antenna is
insulated with a PVC pipe sleeve .My hand does not effect it till I touch, if
only 1/16 inch away .The effect is greater if I touch the one of the u bolts
clamping the PVC to the wooden post .The u bolt is insulated from the antenna
by the pcv. No effect if I touch the PVC. If I disconnect the base loading and
put the analyzer direct to the antenna , resonance is about 8 MHz and touching
the u bolt or post has no effect.

Glenn, ww4b@ww4b.net

Topband Reflector