Topband: Top Band woke up for me this morning!

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Top Band woke up for me this morning!
From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 08:45:45 -0700
FINALLY heard and worked two JAs this morning on Top Band!  Was beginning to
wonder if I'd work at least of couple of JAs this winter!  I've been hearing
JAs, occasionally, along with HL5IVL, but no joy this winter, till this morning!

One was a solid 579 here on my "best I can do" antenna system - 43' vertical
with three 25' top loading wires and 60 elevated radials.

Anyhow, fun to work some JAs on Top Band - had a little HF Packer Amp connected
to my new Ten Tec Argonaut VI QRP rig so was running about 30 watts.  I should
have tried QRP first but - was so excited to hear them I forgot to turn the
little amp off!  Hi Hi

I know this doesn't mean much to all you "big guns with the super Beverage
antennas," but, trust me, a BIG deal for us little pistols!

73/72 Jim R. K9JWV
Topband Reflector