Re: Topband: Fw: Mike, VK6Hd.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: Mike, VK6Hd.
From: "Vic G4BYG" <g4byg@lindgren1.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 20:14:19 +0100
Sad to hear the news that Mike has passed away.
His contribution to our understanding of LF band propogation cannot be
underestimated.
The thrill of working across the world to VK6HD on 160 mtrs will never be
forgotten.
Our first qso on 160 was with me using just 10 Watts from a Codar AT5 tx into a
loaded whip and a borrowed 75A4 rx back in 1983.His ears were a special gift to
many LF band enthusiasts.
Many qso,s later I got him to try PSK31 data mode when in its infanacy and we
had the first
VK-G PSK qso in 2003. So he was always open to new challenges.
He will be sadly missed on the bands.
RIP old friend.73
de Vic
G4BYG
All good topband ops know fine whiskey is a daylight beverage.
Topband Reflector