Topband: NEW BEV DESIGN?

To: "TOPBAND" <TOPBAND@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Topband: NEW BEV DESIGN?
From: "Mike Greenway" <K4PI@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 11:21:23 -0400
There is new player on the low band receive antenna market that will be at
Dayton.  Here is the link

http://www.pixelsatradio.com/uploads/BevPro-1-Information-for-Web-site1.pdf

I have looked at their brochure but have one big question.  They say the feed
point, which has two coaxes, can be put at any point on the wire.  If I put the
feed point at one exteme end, that gives me a bi directional receive antenna
with one wire?  I have used two wire systems and understand the need for the
second wire there, but not sure I see the theory behind two directions from one
wire fed on one extreme end.  I have seen designs that do feed at different
points along the line and could see if the feed was put near center you could
get two directions, but it would seem the closer to get the feed to one end,
one direction is going to suffer due to shorter wire length.   I understand
they will be at booth BA 0488 on Saturday.  See some of you at the Topband
dinner on Friday night.  73 Mike K4PI

All good topband ops know how to put up a beverage at night.
Topband Reflector