Re: Topband: Desktop Power Supply Brand/Noise Question

To: "'jim@audiosystemsgroup.com'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Desktop Power Supply Brand/Noise Question
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 00:48:09 +0000
Not a new problem for hams. For most of a century consumer stuff had poor to
nonexistent RFI compatibility... And if the equipment itself wasn't so bad, it
was connected with huge loops of wires that made the installation susceptible.

Adding a few bypass capacitors and helping the consumer use decent differential
wiring has been part of the solution since at least the 1930's handbooks.
Except today we are more often worried about radiation and not susceptibility
of consumer stuff.

Tim N3QE