Re: Topband: Lightning QRN season?

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Lightning QRN season?
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:54:06 +0000
I have had several summer outings on 160M this summer. Picked up Guantanamo a
few weeks ago. Some South American stations in past few weeks too (don't know
if LU5OM is on this list but he's trying on the low bands.) Summer Stew was
pretty good, I didn't get F5IN like I did last year though. And the huge
highlight was me getting to op 160M CW at NU1AW/3 in IARU HF, that was just
amazing, all sorts of EU HQ stations and a few EU non-HQ stations were coming
in before sundown, and later in the evening working a lot of US/Canadian
stations out west, some of them low power. That was huge.

It was interesting... in the hour or so before our dawn, noise really picked up
on 160M, and it didn't sound like thunderstorm or man-made noise.

Tim N3QE

On 7/23/2013 12:26 AM, Mike Waters wrote:
>   Anyone have a guesstimate as to when the QRN will begin letting up a
> little on 160?
>
> 73, Mike
> www.w0btu.com
> Topband Reflector