Re: Topband: Effect of trees- tree appreciation

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Effect of trees- tree appreciation
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 15:16:39 +0000
W8JI says:
>My gut feeling is
> the one that looks the best and takes the most work will make you feel like
> you have the best signal you ever had, but no one else will notice the
> change except you

This is a a very significant statement when you think about it.
Ask anyone you talk to on the air how he likes his antenna.
Most will say they like it, it's doing great.
Ask them how they know.
If they understand your question you will get silence in response.
Because almost no one KNOWS, or even knows how it compares
to their previous antenna.  But how they FEEL about it determines their
satisfaction !
Tom, it seems like your lifetime goal is to dispel myths and wives tails, and
bring logical reasoning to ham radio.  I hope you are succeeding at it.  At
least
I hope you don't ever give up.

Rick  K2XT

Topband Reflector