Re: Topband: Best coax for direct burial?

To: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Best coax for direct burial?
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 20:07:01 -0400
Jim

You cant get any more reliable than 1/2" Andrew or similar hardline. In this area its free or very cheap and often with connectors as 2 way shops close down and customers keep migrating to cell phones.

Paging companies are also folding up.

Im sure you wont find a 700' run but 100-200' are rather common; use barrel connectors to join together and use RG-213 for jumpers at the ends. Even 7/8" cable is rather available.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>