Re: Topband: Are stacked verticals feasible?

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Are stacked verticals feasible?
From: Mike Armstrong <armstrmj@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 14:54:56 -0700
Guy, I was right across from the small marina you see.  The difference I am
talking about is the difference between a 5/8ths wave vertical and a quarter
wave vertical in the same place.  I am not talking about the difference between
a vertical next to the sea as compared to a vertical in Arizona...... two
different comparisons and I am thinking you are thinking the latter..... :)

I was responding to Tom saying that a 5/8ths wave doesn't work well on 160,
when a ground mounted 5/8 worked so much better than a quarter wave in the same
place (relatively speaking). I had both operational at thr same time and would
detune them when I used the other...... Again, I was wondering if Tom could
explain why it is such a crappy antenna on 160, but a great antenna (when
compared to a quarter wave at the same location) when it is on 20 meters.  NOT
the difference between two antennas in two different geographical
locations...... :)

Mike AB7ZU

Kuhi no ka lima, hele no ka maka

Topband Reflector