Re: Topband: and KDKA

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: and KDKA
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 19:06:55 -0400

It might well have been WLW instead of KDKA and according the the story I recall it had something to do with the "nation's station" which was WLW for sure. I think that for national defense in 1932 it was granted a 500,000 watt power level. An interesting story continues about WLW's' end fed 831 foot tower at*jeff560tripod.com/wlw.html* and the transmitters that were specially made to achieve this power for MW.

Thanks,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ