Re: Topband: Best Outlet sttrip

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Best Outlet sttrip
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 13:49:57 -0700
On 10/9/2013 1:08 PM, Paul Christensen wrote:
You have probably already seen references like this:

http://www.zerosurge.com/technical-info/how-surge-suppression-works/

This technology is quite well proven, and widely used in pro audio. A company called SurgeX pretty well owns the pro audio and video market. I began specifying their products to protect racks full of equipment for the large systems I designed nearly 20 years ago.

IEEE studies have shown that with proper bonding and grounding at the service entrance, the highest voltage that can be induced on branch circuits is in the range of 3-6 kV.

73, Jim K9YC
Topband Reflector