Re: Topband: Balun Question

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Balun Question
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:02:18 -0400
Hi, Gary

Should do fine!  The W2DU balun is a good current-mode design by someone who
knew what he was doing!

As for 160, I do have a W2DU current mode balun, from Unadilla that is
longer that the 80-10m version (more beads) but I never really pushed it. I
did use it some n 80m. Actually on 160, I didn't really have need for a
balun with the inverted L antennas that I used. I expect that the
application for a 160 m balun is most likely for guy s with high dipoles and
inverted Vees, and really big delta loops. The w2DU balun will workat least
as well as, and probably better than, the W2AU balun that it woud be
replacing!

 Hope your dad enjoys it for many more years!  :-)

73,
Charlie, K4OTV