Re: Topband: Balun Question

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Balun Question
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 21:11:25 -0400
Hi, Gary,

That does sound like a nice location! Well, I worked over 300 countries with
antennas supported by trees, before I finally got a little 40' tower to
support my home-brew 5-band quad. In trees, I had 40 and 30m vertical
dipoles, 40m vertical yagis - some reversible,  -full-size 80m GP, and
inverted Ls for 160. I worked some good DXpedition stuff like 3Y0 etc.
through ferocious pile-ups - sometimes on "first call"! So towers are not a
necessity! For a friend, who lived in Virginia, I went out into his woods
and built a 5-element steerable 80/75m GP array that was a wonderful
"kick-ass" antenna for long-haul 80/75m DX!

So, I would think that you and your dad are pretty well set!  Have fun!!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV
.