Re: [CQ-Contest] Topband: Stew Perry Streaming Audio

To: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>, Eric NO3M <no3m@no3m.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Topband: Stew Perry Streaming Audio
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 10:08:12 -0600
Hi all,

Respectfully offering some input interspersed below:

On 12/28/13 5:23 AM, "Stan Stockton" <wa5rtg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Eric,
>
> You made it clear what you were doing, and I am quite sure Clive understood.
> I think the logic behind his question has to do with whether it is within the
> spirit of the contest -  especially this one.  Let's say, as a result of the
> announcement or advertisement , 15 DX stations and 25 USA stations who are not
> even going to send in their log called you, just for fun and the novelty of
> it, so they could listen to their own signal at your end via Internet.

So? If they aren't entering the contest they can do what they want. They'd
still have to find him, too, so it's not like he's self-spotting.

> What if some have enough QRM or QRN that they could only copy whether you came
> back to them by listening via internet? Fair to your competitors?

Depends on whether Eric was also planning to stream the sidetone of his
outbound CW transmissions or the monitor audio of his SSB transmissions. If
not, the other stations have no idea who Eric is responding to.

> It is cool, but I've always had a problem with this, regardless of what
> contest.
>
> 73...Stan, K5GO

Be cool for someone who is not filing a log to do this. Gets around Stan's
and others' concerns without breaking any rules. (Operators not entering a
contest are not bound by contest rules.) I agree the perception may be bad.

73, kelly
ve4xt