Re: Topband: Stew Perry Streaming Audio

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry Streaming Audio
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:37:39 -0500
On 12/28/2013 01:17 PM, w7dra@juno.com wrote:
  i am planning to do something not useful to anyone, let alone
me.............i plan to make a youtube video and post it on W7DRA. i
have paralleled my earphones and cut down the sound with three
attenuators (2 RF, 1 audio), so that i can use a hifi amp to make "a room
loud radio".

even though i worked about an hour in the RAC i worked no one, even when
i went up to 200 watts with my 211 amp. and there were stations within 5
kcs of my rock calling CQ but to no avail.

i hope stew perry will be different,  i am not looking to make this
effort a Single Digit Contest Club entry

mike w7dra

Hi,

I was hoping to hear the band suddenly become *open* at 1500Z but so far there is only light duty "air noise". I don't know if my radio is working or the band has not yet "opened". It occurred to me to maybe look at the RBN but I am going in as "single op" so that is out. Meanwhile I'm playing with my accordion and working on a power supply for another ham.

73,

Bill  KU8H