Topband: Grounding the ends of radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Grounding the ends of radials
From: "Bob Eldridge" <eldridge@direct.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 12:45:47 -0800
I posted this on TowerTalk and I got a couple of responses as to why the
ends of ground radials should not be grounded.
Isn't it dependent on whether you want the radials resonant or not? And if you do want them resonant, on the length of the radial? It doesn't make sense to ground the far end of a quarter wave radial if you want a low impedance at the base of the antenna. It does make sense if you have short radials and want to intercept the "return current". Bob VE7BS