Re: Topband: Submerging variable caps in oil as substituteforvacuumvaria

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Submerging variable caps in oil as substituteforvacuumvariables
From: Richard Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 12:31:22 -0800
On 2014-02-02 05:58, Hardy Landskov wrote:
FYI All,
The HP4815A Vector Impedance Meter submersed the main tuning capacitor

I need to open mine up and replace one of the capacitors because the
oscillator will not start on the higher frequency ranges. I am gun shy
at this point until I know exactly what I am dealing with.
73 Hardy N7RT

The guy who knows everything about the 4815A is ex-HP'er
George Sandford who is still in business supporting these
classic instruments.  If anyone would know about the
oil, it would be him.  He probably has some NOS oil on hand.

See:

www.hp4815a.com

Rick N6RK