Re: Topband: Contest in progress - few signals

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Contest in progress - few signals
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:06:05 -0600
I appreciate all the replies and helpful advice. Since there will always be
some that won't study the official rules (I promise I will from now on :-),
here's what I think is the best solution.

When a station calls CQ TEST and he hears another station in his country
answering him, simply call CQ TEST DX (or maybe CQ DX TEST). If that
doesn't get the point across, then nothing will. Besides, it serves notice
to anyone else listening that might be thinking about answering. I heard at
least one US station doing that.

I only called 3 stations in the 48 states before I caught on. Afterwards, I
worked a number of stations in the Caribbean and SA, including some new
ones. It was great fun, in spite of band conditions! This could very well
turn out to be my favorite contest.

Are there any other contests with zero-point scoring rules like this one?

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com