Re: Topband: Not so ood in the contest last night

To: herbs@vitelcom.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Not so ood in the contest last night
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:50:08 -0500
On 2014-02-22, at 11:45 AM, Herb Schoenbohm wrote:

> Don't feel bad Don as last night I only worked three stateside stations K3ZM,
> W8PR  WD5R.  I must have spent two hours calling W8PR at night but heard me
> until at my sunrise. I run an Alpha 87A and a quarter wave vertical but all
> the other stateside stations called just ran their CQ machines and apparently
> I could not even work Florida station in here 10 over 9 and only 1200 miles
> away.  Even Jeff VY2ZM who has super ears could not even hear a single
> character of my call.  So as the song goes  "you gotta know when to hold and
> when to fold." So I decided to thrown the main breaker to the ham shack and
> save some money on electricity.
>
> Herb, KV4FZ

Hi Guys,

It's comments like yours, Herb, that make me somewhat glad that Mother Nature
effectively robbed me of any Topband activities here this year...

I detected a decline in conditions for at least 2 years prior to this season, &
from all accounts, the 2013-14 session has MORE than earned any "Rotten Tomato"
awards hurled its way...!   :o)

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ