Topband: Rig Question

To: topband <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rig Question
From: Trent Fleming <trent.fleming@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 14:51:50 -0700
One of the reasons I belong to this group is the experience and expertise
of the operators on here.  I have a question about my next step, in terms
of radios.  This is not necessarily a 160m question, but it does affect
Topband.

I currently have FT-950 Yaesu.  Upgraded through some horse trading from
TS-690s. Love the DSP and having 100w on 6m.

I need better coverage on VHF, so am considering older ICom (746 non-pro)
or TS-2000.  Have even looked a the Icom 9100 though it is a bit pricey.

If I replace the FT-950 with one of these rigs (I'm leaning TS-2000) I
would have these criteria.

1) Maintain or improve DX capabilities on HF 160-10m
2) Add separate receive antenna jack for receiving loop or beverage
3) Add 2m and 432 with a transverter friendly rig.

If I can't get decent DX coverage with one of these, I'd have the option of
keeping the FT-950 and getting the 746 or a used TS-2000

Here's my main question . . . are any of you TopBanders using TS-2000 as
your primary HF Dxing rig?

Thanks in advance, and 73,

Trent
N4DTF