Re: Topband: Rig Question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Question
From: Phil Duff <na4m@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 19:13:57 +0000
I've had lots of good rigs over the years and my K3 sounds as good if not better on SSB as any of them.

Maybe the bad sounding K3s receiver EQ settings were misadjusted or left on factory default flat. Was a narrow roofing filter in use? How was the width and filter shift adjusted? Was hi or lo cut in use? All these will affect K3's SSB audio.

The usual other parts of the audio chain including the speaker, headphones, shack acoustics, etc. also contribute.

73 Phil NA4M