Re: Topband: Skimmer calibration

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Skimmer calibration
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:06:49 -0400
I quickly noticed that some skimmers seem to have more effective antenna
systems than others.

More than S/N, I look at kinda the breadth and depth of where I'm spotted.
On 160M, GW8IZR and DL1A are where I'm first spotted. If I'm getting
spotted more broadly or deeply than that, then I know conditions are really
good.

Tim N3QE