Re: Topband: BCB interference ?

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB interference ?
From: Chuck Hutton <charlesh3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:22:05 +0000
Their description (to me at least) indicates an elliptic filter with a stopband
peak of -40 dB at 1 MHZ and ranging to infinity (in theory) elsewhere in the
stopband. In other words, 40 dB is the maximum for the discrimination factor.

"Indicates" is a word I feel is necessary as their filter really is poorly
described. They should have said what filter type and order are used and used
standard nomenclature for filter parameters. And there's no mention of passband
ripple.

Chuck