Re: Topband: Beverage wire question

To: topband <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage wire question
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 05:53:14 -0500
I started to write a similar reply myself about 30 minutes ago, and then I
noticed what he was doing with the WD-1. :-)

I didn't do any math, but just looking at Jim's photos (1 attached) and
text, perhaps the DXE transformers he is using are close enough. Note that
Jim has two runs of WD-1 shorted at each end and spaced ~50mm. I'll bet the
line Z is not that far off of the DXE OWL.

I was wondering how smooth the inside of those ceramic insulators are. If
they are as rough as the ones I have, it could wear away the WD-1 over time.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com