Re: Topband: New RF interference killing RX at my QTH

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: New RF interference killing RX at my QTH
From: Garry Shapiro <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 12:51:06 -0800
I bought a surplus LORAN square loop years ago. Designed for 100 kHz, it was easily converted to 1.83 MHz with a single capacitor. I mounted it to an old car's roof using ski racks and 2x4's and it has a very deep null perpendicular to the plane of the antenna. The loop is about a meter on a side. It draws stares but it works well. Dunno where you might find one but you can search for LORAN loop or similar.

Garry, NI6T