Re: Topband: [time-nuts] Minicircuits 10% discount in December

To: topBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: [time-nuts] Minicircuits 10% discount in December
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 14:14:19 -0500
The 2873000202 73 material binocular core, I buy those by the hundreds from
Newark and hand them out like a human Pez dispenser at local radio club
meetings. They are amazing things. Not only do I use them for 160M and
other RF applications, but I have using them in small step-up applications
too up to the 10W level!!!

Newark also sells them in single quantity. Again, the magic trick is to use
the Fair-Rite part number in the search.

http://www.newark.com/fair-rite/2873000202/ferrite-core-cylindrical/dp/02E8908?mckv=sLlWjcZh9|pcrid|54824053955|plid||[keyword_text]|match|p&CMP=KNC-GUSA-GEN-SKU-MDC-FAIR_RITE

One trick for the sharp-edged cores when used for HV step-up transformers,
is to wind them with kynar wire-wrap wire.

Tim N3QE