Topband: Restistance of wire

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Restistance of wire
From: Martin <dm4im@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 14:24:52 +0100
Topbanders,
i have a spool of twisted wire for military field telephone use, similar to WD1-A . It has some strands of copper and some strands of steel. I built the reflection transformer and installed both the transformer and the wire . The length of the beverage is about 200m. To my surprise i measure about 25Ohms with a Multimeter at the feed end of the beverage.
So there is 200m one way, the transformer, and 200m back = 400m of wire.
I believe 25 Ohms is way to high for 400m?

Any advise welcome.

--

Ohne CW ist es nur CB..

73, Martin DM4iM