Re: Topband: Boradband noise on 160 meters tracked down to apartment com

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, topBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Boradband noise on 160 meters tracked down to apartment complex
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:07:52 -0500
I have done a little bit of research into the variable speed drive motors
that are commonly part of "eco-friendly" green HVAC systems.

I have found in many cases that the installer sells SEER-rated components
as part of their most efficient packages, but in most cases the
installation takes no advantage of the variable speed drive capabilities of
the SEER-rated blower and compressor motors because they are wired up to
work only at a single speed.

In my particular case, my house's HVAC had a blower motor that failed. It
was a $1100 SEER-rated variable speed blower motor. It was only 3 years
old. It was only wired up to work at a single speed. I replaced it with a
$200 capacitor-start motor.

Tim N3QE