Re: Topband: Speculating via Stew posted scores

To: Top Band Contesting <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Speculating via Stew posted scores
From: Bob Kupps via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 01:07:07 +0000 (UTC)
      From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
 To: Top Band Contesting <topband@contesting.com>
 Sent: Monday, December 29, 2014 5:56 PM
 Subject: Topband: Speculating via Stew posted scores

 Is there a way via Stew results to measure the concentration of Qs... with
relation to the distance of the Q?

For example, looking over the scores posed at the 3830 web site one finds
N9FT's QSOs to point ratio is 3 pts. while K5GO has a ratio of 8.1.

On the surface, one would draw the conclusion.. that K5GOs Qs were farther
away, suggesting an antenna system geared to lower elevation of radiation while
N9FT's antenna may favor shorter hauls?

Also, propagation and local noise enter into the discussion as well....and,
can't discount more QRP Qs for K5GO, perhaps.

My QRP friend, WC7S, and I consider all of this one of the joys of working the
Stew...one can draw/speculate loose conclusions from the scores... sorta. Then
one goes to QRZ.com to see f the stations of interest list equipment and
antennas and them MORE speculation crops up ---- all of this should be
undertaken during happy hour!

72 to all, Jim Rodenkirch  K9JWV