Re: Topband: SP conditions from super-station

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>, TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: SP conditions from super-station
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 15:56:49 -0800

On 12/30/2014 12:54 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:

I think that the real winners in this TBDC will be those CA stations who
could work dozens and dozens of 12 pointers in that neat 03Z-ish opening,
that must have been that quiet not-quite-dark period for left coast where
they could hear very well.

73, Guy

Exactly right.  The band isn't really open solidly on the left
coast until around 0300Z or maybe even later like 0400Z or 0500Z.
Then the trick is to then work as many stations as possible before the east coast QRT's for the night. I gave up at 0800Z because the band was worked out here and didn't get back on until 1100Z. The band was again worked out by 1300Z. I was happy to work dozens of 12 pointers
as you say.

Rick N6RK