Topband: Fwd: Re: [CQ-Contest] Receive antenna switch

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fwd: Re: [CQ-Contest] Receive antenna switch
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 16:44:02 -0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: [CQ-Contest] Receive antenna switch
Date:   Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:02:00 -0400
From:   Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
To:     Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>

The DX-Engineering RTR-1 is perfect for a rig that doesn't have a RX
only input.  Before I got this I also used the T/R feature of the
MFJ-1026 by feeding the RX only antennas via a switch into the noise
antenna  input.  This also provides you with the ability to feed in the
TX antenna for some limited phasing out local noise. My model even has a
built in switchable pre-amp which can help on some RX only antennas as
you may require.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ