Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

To: Dragoslav Balaban <dado@prijedor.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule
From: ALEXEY OGORODOV <ua4wae@mail.ru>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 21:37:08 +0300
 Dado and brethren concerned,

You are right about the qso definition. And you are right again narrowing the
subject to what would be commonly accepted as a QTH.
As I remember from contesting back in 80´s, the station including all its
antennas must be located within 500 meters circle. (I may be be mistaken since
I didn´t like math and geometry at school and still confuse diameter and
perimeter LOL). Then as I recall the QTH definition shifted to the property
limits. Now you are pushing it to 1 geographical degree.

As for innovations and conservatism in their acceptance by the majority, IMHO
when an innovation becomes available to the majority then it is time to
accomodate rules to it.

As for the learning curve. A guy builds a 10KW amplifier and learns a lot while
constructing it. Is he exempted from the rules?

N1EN (?) expressed a brilliant idea to create an entry for those who succumbed
to the "classic" understanding of contesting - boy and his radio. The entry
concept can be clearly defined if necessary.

To summarize... Let's read Wayne's, N7NG immortal lines "If the rules are not
enforced ...."

73 Alex

HC2AO