Re: Topband: EP6T and outside world

To: Dave Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: EP6T and outside world
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 06:34:04 -0600
Dave, this sort of immature behavior on the low end of 160 is rather
unusual, especially when we compare this sort of occurrence to the higher
HF bands. You're certainly correct that this sort of behavior is getting
worse, and not just in amateur radio. But don't give up on 160 because of a
few idiots. What you experienced is the exception, rather than the rule.
There's a reason that 160 is still rightly called the Gentleman's Band. :-)

As for propagation getting better on 160, check out
http://k9la.us/html/160m.html and specifically
http://k9la.us/Predicting_160m_Propagation.pdf .  It's tough to predict,
but that's one of the things that makes 160m interesting. Just like tropo
openings on 2m and above.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com