Re: Topband: 160 QSO K1N

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 QSO K1N
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 20:08:46 -0500
Jim: As I read the notice they said ATNO meant you had not worked "this dxpedition". I agree with your definition but that is not what they said.

I have the island confirmed from way back in the early 70's I think it was. Therefore I kept out of the pile ups on all bands (my normal procedure) in order to give those who "need it" an opportunity.

To me 9 bands each on three or more modes is one of the banes of current dxcc. The first time ever is a thrill, beyond that its like making a cell phone call. Flame suit on. 73 bob de w9ge

BS. All Time New One means that the contact gives, or would give you,
your first confirmed contact with that COUNTRY. Period.

This is a country that has not been activated for several decades, and
will likely not be activated for decades to come. What the DXpedition
leaders have said is, don't call us now if you already have Navassa
confirmed, or if the log search says you in our log, because we want to
spend the rest of our time passing out DXCC credits to those who need it
for THE COUNTRY. Not a new band, not a new mode, a new COUNTRY.

73, Jim K9YC

---