Re: Topband: Modeling "Ground"

To: topband@contesting.com, Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Modeling "Ground"
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:38:13 -0500
Agree with Tom

I found that the 160 foot BOG antenna that was buried was more
unstable with dry/rain conditions, than when on/above ground.

Also the 1/8 wave spaced  160 meter 4 square, I had some years ago,
was more stable with more radials, with  changing ground moisture
conditions.

Single in ground wires are not very stable with moisture changes.
Larger ground radial fields offer much more stability.

73
Bruce-K1FZ
www.qsl.net/k1fz/bogantennanotes/index.html
.