Re: Topband: RX cables in woods

Subject: Re: Topband: RX cables in woods
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 08:09:46 -0500
But I'm not sure whether that would hold up here. Once in awhile, the power
company drives their heavy bucket trucks over my land. And people that I
hire to brush hog my 'pasture' have heavy tractors. That's what breaks my
PVC conduit lying on the ground, and damages the coax inside it.

I drive over skinnier coaxial cables all the time with my tractors and 4WD truck. Maybe the hard larger diameter PVC is making things worse, not better?

The main reason I bury cables are animals, catching them with rotary cutters, and crushing the large diameter soft cables like Heliax.