Re: Topband: Rules vs. Ethics (was Brave New World)

To: "'W0MU Mike Fatchett'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rules vs. Ethics (was Brave New World)
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 16:23:51 -0600
> I am still waiting for a real case scenario where remote radio has harmed
or damaged someone, somehow

I guess that depends on how you define "harmed". If you are expecting
manslaughter, I doubt you'll find an example of that. I cited an example of
how this is not victimless in my original note.

> You are confusing ethical and moral

No confusion on my part. Spend a little time on the web with this topic. I
spent the last four years of my career in the ethics and compliance arena
for a large international company. I'm pretty familiar with the subject.
Once again "condoned by the ARRL" is not the same as "ethical". The League
even takes great pains in their announcement of the changes to mention
ethical operation with regards *specifically to remotes*: "Issues concerning
remotely controlled operating and DXCC are best dealt with by each
individual carefully considering the ethical limits that he/she will accept
for his/her DXCC and other operating awards".

- Larry K5RK