Re: Topband: Question...

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Question...
From: <k8bhz@hughes.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 08:53:40 -0500
I see....you copy CW at hundreds of words per minute in your head? Congratulations! One of my most memorable meteor scatter qso's was with a lady from the South who had the most beautiful accent, accentuated by the scatter effects. It's hard to equate that to a "chirp" of high speed CW or data. Actually hearing the excited voices of those you worked was most of the thrill. It's a shame that all the hype of the high speed, computer read CW or data turned most people off to meteor scatter, because it's so easily done with existing, very modest stations.

I'll also never forget my first EME qso when I thought I heard a WA3 calling cq, only to realize on the next qsb rise that it was actually a JA3! Likewise, I will always remember hearing my own ghostly voice coming back from the moon. Sorry Jim, it's just not the same at all.....

Brian  K8BHZ

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Brown