Re: Topband: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests

To: w0mu@w0mu.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests
From: "n2kw@juno.com" <n2kw@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 07:51:03 GMT
In the beginning, "self-spotting" (on the cluster) was legal.That was when the
backbone was on UHF.Using the internet to solicit contacts in a contest is not
allowed. The "unsportsmanlike" use of a remote site, (IMO) only applies to
internet access.If you engineered and built a remote site, and access it by
amateur means, it is  (again IMO) a legitimate use of AMATEUR RADIO. Is it
"fair" to have a tribander compete against stacks? The only RULES are the ones
published.