Topband: My QTH Trivia

To: Gary@ka1j.com, TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: My QTH Trivia
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:57:02 -0400
Gary, Right now I think I am the furthest east TB operation in the entire U.S. but every thing I guess is relative. However, the USVI prides itself with being the furthest Eastern portion of the US in the Western Hemisphere in fact we have a moment at Point Udall 64 33 54 that makes this claim. Now comes Guam which claims by being on the Western side of the international dateline they are the most eastward location in the U.S. period. 144 37.5 and they demanded President Clinton name them also Pt. Udall and he did. They also claim there that they are the western most part of the U.S. (by virtue of travel westward) so they have them both I guess. One of there slogans I think appears on their license plates "Guam where America's Day Begins" I guess if what they say is correct they could also say "Guam where America ends" ☺....

Herb, KV4FZ