Re: Topband: Salt-Water Qth!

To: donovanf@starpower.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Salt-Water Qth!
From: "Ray Higgins (W2RE)" <w2re@hudsonvalleytowers.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 13:10:46 -0400
Hi Frank,

Thank you for your detailed answer. I appreciate your valuable time in
responding.

After a few emails and a phone call it looks like we need to be within the
fresnel zone, which is five wavelengths according to the ON4UN book.

Yes! I know Peter K3ZM location all too well. We put up his 190’ R25 support
for his 4SQ in 30+ mph winds a few years back. Great location on a marsh about
1/4 mile from the Ocean.

Thanks for the input, we looking forward to start building the contest station!
:)

73,

Ray W2RE