Re: Topband: Topband loading coil

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband loading coil
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 10:20:11 -0500
If you got an SWR of 1.2 on 160 meters from an 80 meter inverted L, you had a lot of loss either in the radial system or in the loading coil. The resistive part of the feedpoint impedance of that antenna on 160 should be very low, maybe about 4 ohms plus radial system loss. Exact number depends on antenna details. Sounds like you made a more efficient coil and the SWR went up, which it should.

Jerry, K4SAV