Re: Topband: Video Switch for Low Band Antenna switching

To: Top Band Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Video Switch for Low Band Antenna switching
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 22:17:58 +0000
It appears that the better video switches need a signal from the vertical blanking interval to switch. No
signal, no switching. Probably explains why they are so cheap on eBay!

I have 3 bi-directional Beverages, an 8 circle and 4 square receiving antennas. I would like to switch any one to my K3 main rx, K3 aux rx, R-388 or DX Engineering NCC-1 phasing box. That's 8 inputs
and 4 outputs minimum.

Ideally, some sort of matrix arrangement would do. I've looked far and wide for a commercial unit that would do the job but no luck. Virtually everything is designed for SO2R operation. At present, I'm using a switcher used in RV units. It has 5 inputs and 3 outputs. I use a separate switch for Beverage selection.

Thanks for all the inputs!

73, Roger