Re: Topband: Commond mode choke for Beverage

To: Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt@gmail.com>, topBand <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Commond mode choke for Beverage
From: shristov <shristov@ptt.rs>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 16:03:42 +0200
With 5943003801 and RG58, closely fill-in a single layer,
leaving 10-15 mm on the outside perimeter unused.
That should be ~16 turns, giving you impedance near 4000 Ohm.

Such a choke should be placed close to all points where
the current on the outer surface of the coax shield
can pass to the coax inside space.

This usually means near RX connector, and at the Beverage end of the feeding
coax.
If the feed line is very long, then a few chokes may be inserted here and there.

But take care to make all coax joints completely shielded,
otherwise chokes may be bypassed.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT,  VE3EA