Re: Topband: Why do rodents eat coax?

To: "Dave Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Why do rodents eat coax?
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 15:39:54 -0500
Squirrels and rats can be a problem, but mostly my cable chew issues have been from raccoons. I used to trap them and deport them a few miles.

Now I just I bury my cables. Even a few inches of dirt is enough. Where they come up out of ground, I sleeve them with cheap plastic sprinkler pipe.

You can splice out the bad areas, but you have to bury, sleeve, or fix whatever is eating it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>