Re: Topband: Evolution

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Evolution
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 11:28:47 -0500 (EST)
Hi Bruce,

I also listened a few times on 630 meters over the weekend. My 580
foot Beverages worked great as receiving antennas with a K3S.
Although they're much too short to provide much useful directivity,
they have excellent sensitivity.

WG2XKA and WG2XJM were 579-599 every time I listened on
Friday and Saturday night.

WG3XJM (NO3M) was very strong Friday night, the strongest signal
heard.. I never heard any of the Canadians that planned to be active.

This activity weekend was a great idea. It would be even better if the
U.S. stations announced a QSX frequency where a short QSO could
take place (I assume crossband QSOs are not allowed).

Lets do it again with more CW activity!

73
Frank
W3LPL