Re: Topband: WAS 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: WAS 160
From: K4OWR <k2owr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 11:01:46 -0500
:::: I'm new to this group, but have been a very active ham for all 58 years licensed. I've become very interested in 160 especially since the other bands cndx are so terrible. I have lots of land to play antennas with (15 flat acres) and currently have a full size dipole at 90', an inverted L with vertical leg almost 100', and two 850' beverages; plus a 100' tower. I'm also running full power.

I have had great success contesting on this band (avg 1000qs) but not really much DX. My country total is about 15. I'm reading here about some people working DX and wondering about when I need to get on to hear this stuff. I see the word "overnight" but wondering around what time is best. I'm in east TN.
Bill K4OWR