Re: Topband: Topband QRP WAS

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband QRP WAS
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 14:58:24 -0500
Rich, you comment on the "combat zone" aspect of ARRL 160M in past years
and how it's not so bad this year.

I agree that past couple years it was brutal but last night, not so bad. I
don't feel activity was down, just maybe a little bit more rationally
spread out. DX window wasn't perfectly respected but did have some useful
sparseness, and the DX certainly did not feel confined to that window
either.

I had some hugely successful runs high in the band (1850-1860), others were
running up there plus a little more, and we were not chased away by the
usual phone nets reserving "their frequency". I think reduced QRM from
phone nets, allowing a busy CW night to have just a little breathing room,
was the big improvement.

Tim N3QE